Latest Club News
- Our last club meeting is now history. A new executive was chosen with a returning President, Demetri Giokas and a new Membership Officer, Don Keeley. Other executive positions remained the same. For a complete list, see the Executive page.
- Our 3rd. Annual War Bird Rally was held at the field on Saturday, July 9th. I understand it went quite well but attendance was down a little from last year partly due to the weather.
- Here is an interesting article about " How NOT to make friends at the flying field". It was sent to me by Andre Laurent. It makes for a good read and should be followed by all of us. Just click on the link.
- For those of you interested in drones, I have added a link to The Top 100 Drone News Sites of 2015 on our links page. You can also get to it from here.
- An Interac Money Transfer form has been added to the Forms page so that now you can pay your club dues on line by transferring funds via email. Fill in the form on line and follow the directions on the form.
- I have added a private section to the Membership> Members Information tab. It contains the 2016 and 2017 membership lists and the club by-laws. It also includes a list of members who have not paid their MAAC fees yet. Click on the "Members Area Only" box and use the 2016 gate code as the password for now. Use the 2017 one later in the season, (make sure pop-ups are allowed for our site.) This will bring up another page where you can view and/or download the lists.
- The Dropbox that Richard Staron has created has become quite a success. A bunch of members have put pictures of their latest creations and other things onto Dropbox for everyone to see. I have created a link to Dropbox at the bottom of this page. Just click on the icon to take you there. You can then view all the pictures. Send Richard an email and he will add your name so you can add some pictures of your own.
- In order to be kept up to date on anything of importance, your current email address has to be correct. If your email has changed recently, click on the Contact Us tab and send an email to the Membership Officer. It can't get any easier.
Picture/Video of the Month
I found this while doing some research on drones. Absolutely incredible for waterproofing your equipment. The video can be found on the "Droney Bee" website. Click here to get to the proper page, then scroll down to the video. It is 18 minutes long, so give yourself some time to watch it to the end.
Alternately you can click on the picture to start the video but you will have to watch a 30 second ad first.